Friday, May 1, 2009

Flea Market Friday

A lavish mini-theatre, worthy of the queen herself! This 13"high x 7" wide x 6" deep theatre is constructed on a sturdy papier mache base and embellished with vintage and reproduction papers, jewelry, crepe papers, ribbons, organza, rhinestones and glitter. The frame has been gold leafed and Dresden scrap and pink "pearls" have been added to enhance the drama. It's difficult to see all the detail on the interior - there are several layers of embellishments.

Please click on detail photos to see quality of materials and workmanship.



The character (a Tom Tierney paper doll of Marie Antoinette) is on a separate stand. She can be removed if you have a doll you'd like to display in the theatre.

Please note that although children seem to be intrigued by my work, they are not toys. They are well-constructed of quality materials, but are designed for display and not hard play!

The portico styled awning is held up by Florentine fine gold glittered scrolls, and houses two pink and gold glittered swans, bearing pink feathers and a gold-coloured royal crown.
The price of $95 includes free shipping to the continental United States.

That's my Friday offering! If you are interested in acquiring this piece, it's the first listing in my Etsy shop.

I'll be back later today to show off some other new goodies that have arrived for me! However, right now, I'm off to make what-I-hope-will-be wonderful things from paper and ink and stuff I find!
I hope you're going to do exactly the same thing today! Commemorate this gorgeous day with a gorgeous piece of art!
♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Tristan ♥

14 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

When I saw the title I imagined there would be photos of old furniture, war medals, crystal glasses and ancient watches. How wrong I was!

And now I'm bracing myself for a triple pink Saturday posting, or will there just be one?!

Birds of a Feather said...

Oh how lovely! The Queen would definitely agree!

I think the link for YOC doesn't work from my blog because it's a closed blog ~ glad you'll get to see it later today!

3 a.m. I'm finally heading to bed for a couple hours before I fly out...

Happy May Day!
xo Heidi

Anonymous said...

Happy May Day Tristan!!
Raining here but who cares?? Love your Theater. So fit for a Queen!!
Be back later for more of your posts!!
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Gabriela said...

Hello Tristan,

This is so fabulous and love PINK!




~ Gabriela ~

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Beautiful work! I don't know how you do it---I'd be glued to the piece.
You're my hero!!!!
And hope you're doing better too.

XXXOOO!!!!

Georgina said...

Tristan,

Your little stage reminds me of my shrines except for colour, subject matter, etc. Love it!!! I would love it for a granddaughter's room, but my daughter just keeps tossing out little guys. #4 little guy due in August...danm, looks like I'll have to do this "girl" thing myself!!! NOT!!

Anyway, go to my blog and check out my shrines. I love your work...just lovely and so delicate.

Abrazos,
Georgina

Anonymous said...

I am seriously running out of adjectives to describe your work, my usual lovely, darling and gorgeous just don't cut it anymore!
I went back to natural medicine seeing that NOTHING else was working. It's just no fun not being able to function normally without feeling like a total zombie.
Hope you hit the fountain of youth on your search for the magical potion of health :)
Take care Tristan...

Gail Schmidt said...

Hi Tristan, Thanks for stopping by the Mind Wide Open blog. To answer you question you can produce whatever you like with the image. No restraints. ;-)

Love your theatre and of course your music is to die for. I need to put you on my link list so I can stop by more often!

Cheers,
Gail

Anonymous said...

Tristan,

As usual very, very, very beautiful. Wonderful workmanship. I can tell that you have worked very hard on this theater. Tres chic!!

Kris

P.S. Happy May Day

Shell said...

Simply beautiful.

Glue Girl said...

I am your newest fan, Tristan. LOOOOOVE the pink posts. You are truly a gifted artist. please check out my blog. I have awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award. (Which you probably already have. . . but) Stop by and pick it up. Your blog generated 2 visitors to my Etsy shop. Do you know how that happened? My Etsy stores are lilspotteddog & paper maniac. Anyway, your creations are over the top, fabulously glamorous!

Sue said...

Tristan, I love the how pink and elaborate this theatre is! The fact that if one wants they can remove the queen (although who would want to?) is a very cool idea too. Beautiful!

I too am looking forward to your Pink Saturday! Whooohooo!

Gayle Pritchard said...

Great piece. Will have to go to etsy now to "heart" it...

Cassandra said...

This is so very lovely Tristan! Your theaters are always so amazing.