Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pink Hats for a Mad Hatter Tea Party



Today, my edition of Beverly's Pink Saturday is in honor of the upcoming Mad Hatter Tea Party hosted by Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist. The tea party is only one month away, so I thought you really needed to start thinking about your mad chapeau for the day!

If you click on the button to the left, it will take you to the post where Vanessa gives the insider information on what sounds like a charming and enchanted tea party!

So. If you choose to attend, what kind of hat is your kind of hat? What speaks to you and lets the world know the kind of person you are?

I know that I'll be wearing my pink velvet (collapsible!) top hat that matches my pink tuxedo and pink shirt and pink tie and pink vest and pink cumberbund and pink patent leather shoes and pink socks and pink walking stick! Don't make fun of my silly ruffled shirt and over-sized bow tie - remember, I went to the prom in the 1970's, when that stuff was the cat's proverbial!

Now...on to some hats! Thombeau at Planet Fabulon posted this hat, which may be one of the most fantastic hats that is actually wearable ever.

Knowing that many of you are crafty, I thought that perhaps you might be thinking about putting together something mad and extravagant and eye-catching ...

Now, if you choose this hat, I'm not going to say that it's fuddy duddy and not all that interesting. But be forewarned: you're going to have to sit with my Aunt Shirley and my Aunt Dorothea - you can exchange milliner recommendations...
If you're feeling a tad retro and movie star-ish, perhaps you want to remind everybody that love mean never having to take off your pink crocheted cap ...
So, I know that some of you just aren't hat people ... hat hair is something to take in consideration. So, maybe you'll just opt for a hat which is appliqued onto your jeans ...


Tell the truth - you want to wear a crown sometimes - just to prove to the world that you are entitled to act like a princess once in awhile ... and nothing says "do what I say" more than a tiara...

..except for a full crown, that is ...
This "hat" is really a brooch - so if you don't want to wear your crown on your head - or your butt - you can wear it on your jacket ...
I've met so many Texas bloggers in the past six months, so perhaps you need to wear this chíc pink cowboy hat to feel right at home ... be yourself, if this will keep you sane at a mad tea party ...Tell the truth - you're a sweat suit kinda person - and nothing says casual good time like a ball cap advertising booze! But, please don't wear it backwards. I hate when I see people wearing their ball cap backwards, and then shading their eyes with their hands...I believe that people should be smarter than their clothing.



Tell the truth - this is you. You're a funky steampunk artist who can hip hop with the best of them! When you wear this you're telling the world that you intend to be the life of the party - which is only apropos as it's a mad party!I know. The party is in June. So if you have to come to the tea party after the wedding, I hope Vanessa admit you late! If you insist to the bride that the bridemaids need to wear pink hats, you won't even have to change clothes! ...
Do you feel that romance and vintage elegance is required for a tea party - mad or not?! Perhaps this will inspire you to go for the most lavish picture hat you can find!

But, whatever kind of hat you choose to attend the Mad Hatter's tea party - remember it's a PaRtY - and your hat should be fun! And does anything scream fun like streamers, feathers, and sparkles?!

So, now that you've been inspired to find the perfect hat, check out the other participants in Beverly's Pink Saturday today - it's her one year anniversary!

Then go make something beautiful - maybe a hat! - or maybe something pink! - or maybe just make a beautiful moment for a precious loved one!
♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Tristan ♥




54 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Hoot!!
The 4th hat looks like something the Queen would wear... or my Aunt Maude... I want the next to last!!
(I also want the models youth & beauty. but hey, we won't go there!!) LOL!!
Have a Wonderful Saturday My Friend!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Unknown said...

Tristan,
What a wonderful pink post filled with the most interesting and fun hats. I can only imagine what you will create for Vanessa's party. Your blog background is already perfect!!

Happy Pink Saturday,

Karen

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha my family is like the chicks from Grey Gardens wouldn't thta be a lovley tea party! This year I am going for the pink cowboy hat.yehaw!
Pink! Happy Pink Saturday Denise in Hull,Mass!

tracy said...

Hello Tristin, and Happy Pink Saturday to you....Wonderful post, I loved them all.Your bolg is done up very well,I look forward to visiting again.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Tristan, you have done it again....a beautiful pink Saturday!
guess I would have to share the cowboy hat...maybe pin the brooch on it! lol!
thank you.

Gabriela said...

Hello Tristan,

I take the one with the feathers, please. Free shipping? :O)

Happy Pink Saturday!

I read your plea...stay tuned...soon...

~ Gabriela ~

stefanie said...

love your pink hats, all are wonderful, happy pink saturday

Anonymous said...

Loving the brooch. It's grand enough for a very whimsy party :-) And if I really have to wear one - I would love to wear the last pink hat with the stars and the feathers :-)

Happy PS!

Li

Beverly said...

Tristan, I want them all. One for any mood of the day. -)

Happy Pink Saturday, and thank you for always making it fun.

susan said...

I don't want to sit with Aunt Shirley! I'll be wearing a pink pill box in the Jackie O mode and sitting with the guy in the pink tails! Loved my first visit!

Sonia said...

I'm not from Texas but I'd still go for the pink cowboy hat!! Love the post of pink hats. Happy Pink Saturday to you.
Sonia

Rhonda Roo @ Roo's Treehouse said...

Drool~swoon!
pitty-pat-pitty-pat
*sparkle*
kiss/kiss...sigh.....

ItaJeff said...

lovely hats..i love it all. Tq for visiting my blog.
Happy pink saturday

Lots of luv
Ita

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Hats off to you Tristan and to this fab hat collection and crowns too = oh la laa!!! Your velvet top hat is the bees knees!
~*Happy Pink Saturday*~

Jorgelina said...

Hi Tristan!!
What a wonderful pink.
Happy Pink Saturday!

a fanciful Twist said...

Here's the problem Mister Fabuloso, I kind of like them all :) My brother calls me Sybil. Maybe he really is onto something. I can feel all these different V personalities peeking out, liking each one. I am even loving the steam punk striped elfin sorta hat tons today!! But romance and vintage elegance annnnnnd crowns too... Maybe I can wear them all at once????

You are so much fun, I could do a back flip from my house into my inflatable pool. But then, that could be dangerous, so I won't. :)) xo, V

Shell said...

I'm so looking forward to the Mad Tea Party. Some of your hats here are right up my alley!! Have a fab Pink Saturday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm certainly glad I came back to see the Pink Post, Tristan, because it is Fabulous. I believe I'll wear that first hat from Planet Fabulon. How fun is that!

Happy Pink Saturday to someone who is always fun!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Fabulously French said...

Fabulous post! Happy PS...

Leeann x

Debby said...

Great post Tristan, love all the hats and crowns. have a great weekend.
debby

caren said...

Wonderful post! I think I will take the hot pink hat with the feathers. I always like to make a statement - and an outragious statement would be the best!

Have you heard from Kris, I haven't.

Gossamer Creations said...

Hi Tristan,

I love all of your hats (and the cute guy in the pink tux). I am not really a hat person but if I had that crown I would wear it around the house. I am going to go check out that Tea Party ! Happy Pink Saturday.
~Sue~

Leslie said...

Being a Hat Lady, EVERY ONE appeals to me. Great as always... Thanks, Tristan

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I ooohhhed and I aaahhhed and I loved all of the pink hats! Couldn't pick one over the other, except maybe the crafty one with the little flowers and stars and feathers...but I also loved the pink top hat. Happy Pink Saturday.

studioJudith said...

Oh, my dear ... .
I'm weeping for the
Planet Fabulon Feathered Fantasy!

Jjjj

Linda said...

Love the hats, Tristan, great post and Happy Pink Saturday!
Linda

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Tristan, what fabulous hats! Have a great Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Terrific pink hats ~ I think you've "covered" it all! For me it will be a toss up between my TX pink cowgirl hat or a queenly crown ~ it IS good to be queen! Love your blog background, just perfect for the party!

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Glennis said...

Hats!! I used to live next door to the most incredible African-American church, and the ladies on Sunday morning had the most fabulous hats!

I wish I could wear one, but I look like a mushroom.

If I COULD, maybe a powder-pink beret?

Or I could just wear that brooch -

How does a top hat collapse, anyway? I've always wanted to know.

♥Mimi♥ said...

There's just something about Pink Saturday that brings our the sweetness in people. Beverly sure knew what she was doing when she brought her concept to the world of blog.

Your offering for this FIRST PINK SATURDAY ANNIVERSARY is wonderful! This is the one day of the week where I can totally indulge my passion without spending a dime!

Wishing your and those you love a special weekend filled with sunshine and family fun!

Robin said...

Oh gee....I love them all.....for so many a reason.
As for your tux.....I am so-o impressed. There is no way I could fit into my prom dress...even if I could find it. I think that baby was sold off with my parent's house after my mother died. But I do not fret over it....it wasn't that cute a dress. Still more, I was so, oh so, skinny back then.
Well, here's to skinny prom dresses, pink tuxes and party hats.
Happy Pink Saturday to you Travis.

Betzie said...

Love all of these hats, don't think I could pick just one!
HPS!

Kaerie Faerie said...

Love Love Love the crowns, I'm so queenie, I have all my Pink Faerie Garb to wear to the Party, making little top hats for my faeries to wear LOL
Karey

Anonymous said...

Love your pretty hats - the retro one at the top is my favorite. It's your storyline that makes this such a FUN post - I love visiting you on Saturday! Pink Hugs!

Cathy said...

Tristan,

What an awesome Pink Saturday show. I am loving that tiara though. OMG!!! That is so me!!! I wish I had it on right now. Thank you for brightening up my day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

xo Cathy

Sara Chapman said...

I am in awe of this collection and analysis of amazing pink hats! What a tribute to the power of pink.

Bill said...

Where do you find your fantastic pictures? They are amazing! I'm sure you'll look great in the pink attire.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I wish I had been able to ave some of my grandparents hats...they were great...Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

Sue said...

The pink tux, top hat and other frou frou accessories are pink perfection! Love the hats (well, not Aunt Shirley's section hat so much), the first one is totally faboosh!

Have a great weekend Tristan!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post! I am signed up and have already made my hat or crown I should say and guess what? .... it's pink!! :) HPS xo Lynn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Beautiful PINK EVERYWHERE! I am going to that tea party with my beautiful chapeau! Merci Tristan! Anita

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow.. so many pink hats.. i think i pick the one with bling2 and lace & ribbons.. hehehehe..

happy pink saturday!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Oh Tristan you have done it again..I would really like to be able to wear the "My Fair Lady" style hat but am afraid I am more the cowboy hat type. Now is I could only find a pink saddle to go with the hat I'd have it made...
have a great weekend my friend

Margie said...

I'm not a hat person. at all. I just don't look good in them, but, whoa! My little heart was taken in but the sparkly-sparkliness of that beautiful crown!

What a fun *pink* post!

Have a lovely weekend!
Margie :)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Tristan! These hats rock! Love all of them! I should have shared a pic of the hot pink hat I brought back hom from Florence.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Van

jeanne said...

Hello Tristan, a fun and wonderful review of th many styles of hata one could wear to the Mad Hatter party. I personally like the crown. All pink and sparkly. I would love to see you in your pink tux etc. Aw come on take a photo. Smiling.

Happy PS.

Hugs...Jeanne

Bette said...

oh! i love them all but the bridesmaid's hat is a favorite.

wonderful p♥st tristan.

happy ps! cheers!

Nerissa Alford said...

Looking forward to your tea party post! It was fun looking at all the pink possibilities. My favorite is the third pictures of the crown. Just gorgeous!
Happy Pink Saturday
Nerissa

Deanna said...

Wow, the choices are so wonderful that I'm not sure which one is my favorite! Of course, being a Texas gal, I'm mighty partial to that cowgirl hat...might even stick a bejeweled tiara on it.

Speaking of prom...I wore a hideous powder blue polyester pleated gown with spaghetti straps.....with a matching chiffon overlay. I'd like to burn those pictures.


Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

peggy gatto said...

Oh my, hats off to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I marvel at your pictures!!!

Char said...

Oh Tristan, your post on hats was a delight to the senses, who would have thought of all the varieties of hats out there. I am of course, a baseball hat kind of gal, happy pink saturday, Char

suesueb said...

so much fun yet again-love all the hats!! but i love the crown brooch most of all! happy pink week!

Chris said...

I'll take a pink tiara or the pink cowboy hat. Maybe wearing the tiara on top of the cowboy hat??

That defintely says a lot about who I am. :)

Nancy said...

Decisions, decisions. Even though I'm a Texan and that is a fabulous cowboy hat - I'll take that last one.

BTW... what scoundrel would steal your art (even though it's a wee bit flattering). I'll keep my eyes open. :) Nancy