Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today's Pink Saturday Contest! and the Winner of Maude in Paris

First up! The random number generator says the winner of "Maude Always Dresses for Spring When in Paris" is YSL Guy of Let Them Eat Cupcakes.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the little piece of fun. Please email me with your address so I can get her off to you!

Now - today's post for Beverly's Pink Saturday is yet another contest! As I think of all my blogging followers as jewels, our post - and contest - today is all about pink gems.

Look at the following 11 photos of pink precious and semi-precious (and worthless) gems!












So. Here' s the contest. Number your comment from 1 through 11. And then write in the kind of gem you think each photo is. There is, obviously, one giveaway.

And, to help you out, there are 2 photos of pink diamonds, 2 of pink rubies, 2 of pink topazes, 2 of pink saphires, 1 glass, 1 cubic zirconia, and 1 edible cake embellishment.

Now, the prize is a little strange for me. It's something that I bought and just have no use for...I just can't pass up a sale. sigh. This is a paper punch system with a dozen shapes for punching. And a scrapbooking technique dvd. I have no idea if it's good or not - I hope it is! - but I've never even opened the package.
Here is a better shot of some of the punch designs - as I recall, I think I got this because of the cupid and the crown punches. I think. It's a cool idea - and a great way to get a lot of punch shapes without having a bazillion punches to store - and it does come with its own little storage case!
And, of course, there will be a few extra goodies tossed in to keep it interesting! I'll announce the winner of this contest tomorrow...I want to get the prize mailed out before the week starts!

SO.

Congrats to YSL guy for winning the Maude mini theatre!

And, remember to list the gems in order of their photos, and win the scrapbooking prizes!

After you're through here, be sure to check out Beverly's Pink Saturday and see all the other folks who are participating in Pink Saturday.

Then, after being inspired, go make something beautiful!

♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Tristan ♥

22 comments:

Valarie said...

Happy Saturday Tristan.....I would give anything to have one of those pink diamonds!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xxoo Valarie

Becs said...

Tristan! Love all the pink gems...BTW, I left you an award on my blog. PLease stop by and pick it up! Becs

Sue said...

I'm SO useless at identifying gems, (unless they are in a plastic setting, then I'm pretty sure they are not 'real').

I'm guessing that #10 is the edible cake ornament, since it looks like jello - if I find out it is a pink diamond, I'm even worse than I thought at
identifying gems.

Great post Tristan!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is SOOOOOO FUN!
1. Quartz
2. Pink diamond
3. Pink Diamond
4. Sapphire
5. Sapphire
6. Ruby
7. Ruby
8. Ruby
9. Sapphire
10. Ruby
11. Edible goodie

You are brilliant, Tristan. This is just up my alley...JEWELS! Have a great day and I know that you are creating something extraordinary. Bisous, Anita

caren@kdottiedesigns.com said...

Tristan ~ The gems are beautiful! Have your heard from Kris? Stop by my blog, ok?

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I just would want the edible cake embellishment.....it would both LOOK GOOD and TASTE, hmmmm, well it would be edible!
And I don't know one gem from the other, so I am lost, as usual! But I do like the hearts!

XXXOOO!!!

Unknown said...

Good morning! I'm stopping by to say hello, and HPS! I'm happy to meet you Tristan.

I love that elephant. Not being a gemmy person, I'm going to guess that #10 is the edible one. It's probably a diamond and would break my teeth, but there it is!

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

Debby said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Tristan. Love all those precious gems. Love the elephant.
Debby

Sabrina Vourvoulias said...

Oh, I am so going to stink at this...
But I can't resist a contest, so here goes:

1 pink topaz
2 pink diamond
3 pink topaz
4 pink glass
5 pink cubic zirconia
6 pink ruby
7 pink sapphire
8 pink ruby
9 pink sapphire
10 cake embellishment
11 pink diamond

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello precious person! Thank you for your visit and comments; you make me smile, Tristan! HAPPY PINK! Anita

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

Linda and Michelle said...

You consistently have the MOST amazing pics!

Anonymous said...

1.pink diamonds
2. " glass
3. " diamond
4. " cubic zirconia
5. " saphire
6. " ruby
7. " topaz
8. " ruby
9. " topaz
10. " saphire
11. " cake emb.

That's my guess Tristan!!
Sure not an expert but it was fun anyway!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Leslie said...

My brain does not work that well of a Saturday Morning and the Good Lord knows, I do not need another scrapbook thing. Thanks for the provoking of thought tho. I am pretty sure I know what from what regarding gems, but I will leave it to others this time. Great post, BTW.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

AH! I can't wrap my brain around these gems enough to figure this one out! lol

HOW COOL! You worked at the theatre in PTOWN?! We used to go to PTown all the time to eat out on weekends (Ciro & Sal's and Nappy's mostly). Our social life pretty much came to a halt when we all started having kids. Now our social lives consist of little league games! heehee

Glennis said...

Ooh, aren't those pretty? But I have no idea which is which!

I hope whoever wins the punch set does something wonderful - and then shows us all!

Have a great Pink Saturday!

mmm....now I'm going to read about Faberge eggs!

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Tristan.

I'll have to come back to this since some thought is required. I've had one of those days involving "brain strain".

Tristan Robin said...

so far, three people have answered (Anita, Sabrina, Marilyn)

All three people are tied.

All three have three correct answers.

Come on, somebody!, break this tie by answering at least four correctly!

Gossamer Creations said...

Hi Tristan,

All of the gems are beautiful and I would love to own them....... but I don't think I could tell one from another.Happy Pink Saturday.
~Sue~

Chris said...

Oh wow!! I never win anything. I am so excited.

Tristan, I emailed you back and Merci Merci Merci!!

Char said...

Oh my Tristan, here I am late yet again. I think I may have to start coming in here first!! Looks like many had fun and the prize is fantastic. Enjoy the weekend and be sure to stop by, I am featuring glass artist Dale Chihuly, he is the best, happy pink saturday, Char

Susie Jefferson said...

Happy Pink Saturday (on Sunday). There's just too many blogs to visit on PS, so I am taking it a segment at a time. Lovely pix as always (your blog is a total pleasure).