Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trying to Make the Best of a Bad Situation


Okay. The holidays are over. All the treasures have been packed back into their beds of shredded paper for another year's hibernation.

But the Christmas Amaryllis that I started to force on Thanksgiving (being assured it would only take a "few weeks" to bloom) has yet to show off for me.

Today I made the decision to tuck it onto a shelf in the bedroom, and see if it might decide to bloom and surprise where I couldn't see it every day and be disappointed.

Then I realized what a luscious color the green of the leaves were and how they stood out from the garnet and gilt glass platter we brought back from Athens last year.

I think I'll miss seeing that contrast now, so I will leave it there for awhile longer, and enjoy the color play.

No comments: