Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What a discovery! Hand printed and bound paper theatre book!


This gorgeous book, hand printed and hand bound by Wendy Addison is a real treasure. As she states on her blog, ""Notebook for an Imaginary Life"- That is the sub-title for my book. For the past twelve years I have been drawing in my Theatre of Dreams notebooks, keeping track of ideas before they evaporate, making notes for future projects and drawing things I love. I also wrote a poem years ago about the making of an imaginary life, and the poem and the illustrations have come together to make a book!
I am piecing it together carefully and will complete a limited artist's edition of 350 copies. This book will be hand assembled and hand bound here at my studio in Port Costa, and will include collage, letterpress and a unique drawing on the flyleaf of each copy. Your copy will be signed, numbered and inscribed to you."

More information - and pictures of this gotta-have - can be found here. Be sure to check out the rest of her site which has pictures of her wonderful creations and finds and stuff. Everything here is well worth the time!

1 comment:

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello!!! OOOoooo, I am swooning over your blog!!!! Such great pictures and I love the music!!! Oh, I'm off for even more of it!!!!
I'm so happy you found me because now I've found you!!!!!


Enjoy your day!