Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Dirtiest Pom in New Haven

It's okay. Tell the truth. Have you ever seen such a dirty dog? He thinks that licking me is going to be enough to keep from tossing him into the shower. Good luck on that Dusty. It's been raining, freezing, melting, snowing, melting, raining - and the world here is one big mud hole. Now, though Dusty acts as if he's royalty in the house, outside he's a common street mutt. He loves mud puddles and dirty piles of salt and ice and is especially fond of mounds of mud that always seem to fall from the sky this time of the year but completely disappear by May. I'm convinced it's either global warning, aliens interfering, or some kind of government cover-up. Now excuse me while I get my tin foil hat.

Speaking of hats ...

really ... Could I add anything to it besides "it existed?" Well, I guess I could say I hope it still exists somewhere, because anything so strong to defy gravity deserves to live forever!

Now, for my last incredible find of the day. Cecil Beaton (the incredible photographer/designer/costumer extraordinaire) always had such a fanciful outlook on life. I mean, could the person who designed the Ascot scene in My Fair Lady or the costumes for Barbra Streisand in On A Clear Day have not needed a reality check?! So it's no surprise that he designed a bed for himself which I would gladly give an insignificant body part to own (a toe, perhaps? a small one?).
Now, I more than likely could never live up to the acrobatics and hijinks that such an enchanted, magical and unbelievable bed rather requires. But - if somebody would just let me have that bed, I'd practice. Much more than I ever practiced the piano as a child. I promise!

Speaking of needing a reality check. I've been working a bit more on the Day at the Beach mini theatre today. I believe I've finished the base - it has lots of shells and starfish - and really - is anything complete without a little Dresden scrap and German glass glitter. Then I hung the gilded 'fishnet' as drapers on either side of the proscenium - which now boasts tiny seahorses. I don't think any underwaterscape in reality would look anything like this. But, as far as I'm concerned, it's the way it should look!




Now ... off to do something about that ratty, dirty, irrascable dog ...

♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Tristan ♥

8 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh my goodness....your mini theatre is going to be incredible! I will be waiting with anticipation for it's completion so I will definitely be back for a visit.

Loved the picture of your sweet Pom...I have two, Olivia and Harlow...and yes, they both are just as dirty as yours! Cheeky little monkeys won't stay out of the muck outside :)

Have a lovely evening,
LuLu Kellogg
Coastal Sisters

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Your Pom may be dirty, but he KNOWS he's CUTE!!! (what a face....)
Hey, I want a tin foil hat too. Was 16 degrees here yesterday, supposed to be up to almost 50 today. That's bad even for Indiana.
Love all the detail on the little theater, especially the shells!

Viv said...

Poor doggy.... suppose you have inflicted that dreadful water and soap on him by now....
The Theatre is real cool - I'm having a 'marine' moment myself so am impressed with this...
And as for the bed...... I'm surprised he ever got up!!

Sugar and Spice Art Confections said...

Oh...Dusty would LOVE my yard! There is a miniature glacier that keeps melting and refreezing and LOADS of mud, leaf debris and pine cones! Enough to entice even the Royalist of dogs to dive in and get dirty. My Keeshond loves to come in with a dirty mouth after nosing through the muck! I submit him to doggie baby wipes on a regular basis! Here;s hoping for May to arrive soon! In the meantime, stock up on something strong to drink...helps you get through it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love you blog!! I adore the artistry of it!! I will definately be back!!!!!!
Hugs, Marilyn

robin dudley-howes said...

Hi Tristan

Thanks for flying over to my nest and leaving your nice comments...yes I do agree making blog freinds is fantastic and it is soooo much fun! The doll parts....stay tuned. I'm working on some projects with them and will put some up for sale. I'm hoarding them for now! I also won some frozen charlottes...the tiniest I've ever seen..so excited about that. I love your music!
robin

Anonymous said...

Well, he might be just a bit in need of a bath, but dirty fellows are acceptable when they are so cute.

That hat must have drawn a bit of attention in its day. Imagine it in the Easter Parade.

I love the Day at the Beach. Those colors have me hearing the sound of the surf.

Jennie said...

I think you're little Dusty must come to Texas and have a play date with my 4 little dirty dogs. They too seem to love finding the mud and puddles to jump in. And of course the blonde one is the one that loves it the most - she'll actually curl up in the mud and rub her sweet little face in it.

I truly enjoy your blog and how it allows me to escape from reality! Thank you for the sparkle!

Best wishes and high hopes to you,
Jennie and the 4 munchkins