Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Communist Propoganda or Gay Tourist Photos?

Between the emotions of Christmas and New Year, we all could use a little light hearted fun ... so I bring you that all-time, never fail, good-for-a-laugh subject: communism!
 "Look it's our future as far as you can see!"
In October, 1949, Mao Zedong announced the creation of the People's Republic of China. China and Russia had long been allies and now, as communist states, that relationship was more important to both countries than ever before.

China and Russia, though two extremely homophobic societies, didn't seem to stop the designers of these Communist propaganda posters from creating such ... well ... such fabulous ... artwork. 

Communist propaganda has been an integral part of that particular political structure and Chinese-Russian propaganda attests to how much each country wanted to show the world they had a united front - China and Russia walking hand-in-hand, happy and gay, so to speak. The posters they used to get this idea across, however, may have been a bit too literal.
"Make sure you can see the doves! They'll gets us more likes!"

"You're only this affectionate for photo ops."
 "We'll talk about your attitude problem 
when the kids are asleep."
 "Finally, a masculine photo for my Facebook profile."
"I told you you'd get hot. Now I'm
stuck carrying your coat all day." 
 "We prefer to stay in and read a good book."
 "I swear, Justin, this is the last one. We're
too old for these damn theme parties.
"Look! Is that the damn that I give that you're mad
at me? No. I guess I just can't find any."
"This dance clss has really helped me work through
some of our trust issues.
 "Steve, let's just agree we're better together."

Now, go make something beautiful!
´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´? Tristan  
"Ah! I can read Enchanted Revelries on my iPhone!"




















5 comments:

JP Bloch said...

Would probably land the artist in prison today.

peggy gatto said...

Fascinating!!!

Jeanie said...

This is loads of fun! Some nice art there, too. Happy In-Between Days!

Laura said...

This is interesting
HPS
Laura

Jackie PN said...

OMG!! Highlarious!!! Well done!!
Jackie xo