Wednesday, March 30, 2016

My Gardens Are Filled with Faeries and Butterflies!


 Shakespeare's Garden

When I found out this month's theme at Alpha Stamps was 'Gardens,' I thought "Oh, brother. I live in the smack middle of the city - what do I know about gardens? And as far as growing things, I have the least green thumb of anybody I know!" But, then I remembered a funny little song from the turn of the century, "Faeries at the Bottom of Our Garden."

Beatrice Lily singing "Faeries at the Bottom of Our Garden"

So, immediately I realized I needed to do a Faerie Garden Mini Album (what better way to use so many of those wonderful faerie Collage Sheets from Alpha Stamps?) But, as I was looking through all the enchanting faerie images, I came across beautiful butterfly after butterfly and knew that I needed to make two albums this month - one for the Faerie Garden - and the other for a Butterfly Garden. 

So, please take a little stroll with me through some of the album pages, and then click on the video so you can see all the interactive pages.
The Faerie Garden Mini Album

The cover of the Faerie Garden Mini Album uses the arched door laser cut album cover, with black Stickles covering the arched door. I hinged the doors with three micro-mini hinges and used a metal leaf for a door knob. It opens on an Alpha Stamps collage sheet with a fussy cut fountain from another collage sheet layered on top with the water lightly outlined with pale blue Stickles. I used the laser cut Brick Wall 2 stencil to put gold mica stucco 'bricks' on the album front and then used Twiggy Leaf Garland to frame the cover.
This is one of the many spreads in the album. The garden image on the left is the perfect spot for a large photograph to be showcased - and framed by more Twiggy Leaf Garland with 1/2" Pale Pink and Bright Pink Roses. On the right, the page base is the Provincial Hedge Scrapbook Paper with a pocket created from a garden gate image. The faerie image is one of many on the Alpha Stamps collage sheets.
Here is a quick little video tour of the album with its interactive pages
 

The Butterfly Garden Mini Album

With all those winged faeries in my head, I couldn't get the idea of butterflies to go away, so I used a Shellie Geigle inspired album design to create a Butterfly Garden Mini Album. She is also the artisan who created the beautiful gold frame on the cover of the album. I used the glamorous rhinestone ribbon from Alpha Stamps on the cover (down the left side and around the picture frame) and some of the Leafy Twig Garland on the frame. There are two butterflies, both luxurious with 'jewels' and the closure to the book is a vintage piece of jewelry.

 
Again, on the left side there is a space for a large photograph with a heavily glittered and lacquered butterfly and a side pocket (just out of view on the left). On the right is a flip page with a small pocket using the lovely satin leaf trim from Alpha Stamps and the miniature paper posies, along with more of the white rhinestone ribbon. When the ribbon is untied, there is another pocket with pictures mats for more large photos and again trimmed with the same rhinestone ribbon.
On the left side of this spread there is a 'belly band' which will hold man photo mats. It is decorated with two strips of laser cut ivy chipboard and mini light pink rosebuds. There is also a large 1" white paper rose on the side pocket. On the right side, which is trimmed with white rhinestone ribbon, there is a butterfly, fussy cut from the butterfly collage sheet pack.

I hope you'll take a little video stroll with me through the Butterfly Garden Mini Album
I hope you've enjoyed your time here at Enchanted Revelries and seeing my Faerie Garden and Butterfly Garden Mini Albums created for Alpha Stamps.com. Almost all materials and supplies are from Alpha Stamps, and the supply list for the faerie album can be found by clicking here, and click here for the supply list for butterfly album.

If  you are interested in acquiring either of these albums, please feel free to contact me either through my email at this site or through Facebook.

Now, go make something beautiful!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)(¸.•´ 
(¸.•´♥ Tristan




 

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

These are both incredibly beautiful albums, Tristan. You have a real gift, and it's always wonderful to see what you are working on. The little video of Beatrice Lily was fun! I have to go find some more of her on YouTube. Wow! That Fairy Garden album is just so amazing. Every time I visit your blog and see your latest creations, I get so inspired! Have a wonderful day!

creativejackie831 said...

Such beautiful and amazing work. Thank you for sharing.

peggy gatto said...

Magic, details ,I can see the delight you had in making these show pieces. OOOO and awe!
Thank you!

smokeysmom said...

Tristan, your albums are amazing. I always enjoy your creative adventures. Is there a tutorial or video on how to construct the fairy garden album? Not decorating, but how to make the actual album and it's pages??

barbara macaskill said...

Delightful, fun, gorgeous and absolutely divine are a few words i would use to describe these two ethereal albums! You are a magician with paper and jewels!! Thank you for sharing these with us!

Linda, l7ellis@yahoo.com said...

Remarkable work!! How did you join the pages to the spine and how did you make the spine? I don't see any specific directions. I'd love to buy the kit and make a book, but I'm not at your level and would regret buying something and not knowing what to do. Thank you for any advice! Linda

Laura Carson said...

You create such lovely books! The cover on the Mini Album is soooo yummy. Everything soft and delicate. Beautiful work as always.

Betsy Skagen said...

Tristan, this is just beautiful. I especially love how you incorporated the rhinestones!

smokeysmom said...

I, too, would love a tutorial on how you made the albums, pages and hinge system. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!