Sunday, June 21, 2015

Scissors, Paper, Vision, and Voilà! Fashion!


Before I get into the base of today's blog post, the exquisite detailed paper art and fashion plate work of this Eastern European paper artist
I thought I'd show  you a couple of the pieces that have been keeping me busy and away from Bloglandia for the past two weeks. I've been on a mico-mini album book binge. They're great fun - if somewhat exacting - to create, and it's been a nice change of page. I've made several, but here are two distinctly different styles. One, a retro 1930's cook book, and the other a Marilyn Monroe tribute album.

These, and others, are available at my Zibbet shop here, if you'd like to see the inside pages.

Now, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I have mislaid not only the name of the paper artist whose work I'm going to show you - but also the country she is from! So, if you know, please let me know so that I can add it in.

I thought these historical fashion "plates" made entirely of white paper were just stupedendous. Not only beautiful, but she somehow managed to give the 'models' a personality and attitude each their own!










Hope you enjoyed these intricate and stunning labors of love as much as I did! I'm overwhelmed by the amount of skill, vision, engineering and talent involved in creating them!

Now ... go make something beautiful!

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)(¸.•´

(¸.•´♥ Tristan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the mini-boxes.

Janet s. said...

Good things DO come in small packages! Beautiful work, Tristan!

Peggy Oliver said...

Love your work Tristan!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now why in thee world did I miss this????

OK, paper is my passion, whether is writing on it or cutting it up or fashioning something FRENCH from it! This artist rocks, and the patience that is required for such a feat is beyond my capacity at this moment, but to enjoy the diversity of talents is enough for me. Tristan darlin', HELLO! HELLO!

Thank you for coming to visit me. I tell you, you and your beloved MUST GO THERE. It is such a relaxing area. The ocean alone is worth the trip, but the art galleries, the fairytale homes, the drive up hwy 1 to Big Sur and again the ocean, it's all magic. GO!

Thank you for coming to visit me. I need to see why your post never came up on my blog roll! Anita

Neet said...

Those are wonderful - thank you so much for sharing and alerting us to this beautiful craftmanship.
Neet (UK)