Sunday, July 27, 2014

It's a Circus at Alpha Stamps! Join the Circus Promenade!


 I was flattered to be invited to be a guest designer at one of my favorite online art and craft supply shops, Alpha Stamps during their July Circus Mini Theatre Kit jubilee! There have been so many marvelous ideas and clever constructions, that I was excited to participate in the party!

Be sure to visit Alpha Stamps during their July Circus Celebration -  click here to let the fun start!

The Mini Theatre Circus kit arrived - along with a few extras - and I let my imagination go wild. I knew I wanted to create something that would not only showcase the terrific products in the kit and in the shop, but would, hopefully, inspire others to let whim take over their better sense!

Very little of the products used were not included in the kit - the supplies are 90% of Alpha Stamp origin.



    
Basically, the piece consists of three components: the base, the carousel-shaped column stand, and the mini theatres topper. In the above photo, the resin circus animals and the hand-made polymer flowers are the only pieces not included in the kit. The carousel shaped column started out as a $1 unfinished birdfeeder from Joann's, which was completely dismantled and rearranged and retains little of it's original appearance, other than the shape.

 Although I was only requested to make one mini theatre, there were so many materials and delightful supplies, collage sheets, ephemera, findings and trims, that I couldn't help myself - I had to make four.
This one features circus performers and dancers and showgirls, and a big-top interior background from Alpha Stamps collage sheets. Also, the circus images (kind of hard to see in the photo) displayed in the bottle caps are from Alpha Stamps - a Graphic 45 sheet of cardstock.


The second mini theatre utilizes more Alpha Stamps collage sheets - the circus performers background, the clown, the theatre facade and the chariot-driving dog. The 3-D golden stars on the facade (also used on the base) were from the kit, as well.
 This mini theatre, again, uses a lot of images and backgrounds from the Alpha Stamps collage sheets, as well as lots of golden Dresden scrap (as do all the theatres and other parts of the construction piece). I love Dresden scrap (especially the luscious gold vintage beauties!) and Alpha Stamps has a really large collection/selection available. The crepe paper ruffles on the base of the mini theatre cube came from my stash and was not part of the kit.

And the fourth, and final, mini theatre again uses collage sheet images from Alpha Stamps, as well as their trims, tassels, golden Dresden scrap and beads. I love this Gypsy woman leading the elephant through his trained tricks! The brass elephant ornament on the top is from my personal stash.

And finally, the top piece of colorful feathers, arranged in a piece of foam which has also been covered with hand-made polymer flowers. The figures on the posts - and the delightful miniature gold-glittered stars - are from Alpha Stamps collage sheets and part of the circus kit.

This was so much fun to create - I hope you enjoyed seeing it. You're going to see it again, as I plan on selling tickets to a raffle for it to benefit our local dog rescue. I do hope you'll participate in the good intentions - and maybe win a charming new piece for your collection!

Remember, start to run away to join the circus here!

Now, go make something beautiful!

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Tristan


 Enchanated Ballerina Image via Anita at http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful

Carol Q said...

what a stunner!

Rhondamum said...

I was excited to see what you would come up with and I knew it would be marvelous!!! Well done my friend! Hope you are fabulous! xoxo Rhonda...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

oooooo!!!!!!!!! TRISTAN! I love a circus, I really do. Whether flesh and blood or paper, it is a wonder to behold the colorful magic and here, you have resurrected a love in me for the spectacular! It's been a long while since I've made anything out of paper, other that WRITE on it, for poetry has captured my heart. But these little wonders are my passion. I SEE THE BALLERINA! Oh, enjoy her! I can see you now with dancer dust on your eyelashes and on your nose..teeeeheee

HAVE A FUN DAY! Anita

Pamela said...

Beautiful piece Tristan - your heart was in it for sure. This piece deserves to be on the cover of a famous magazine! Thanks for sharing!
Pam