Sunday, May 9, 2010

So, We Have The Caption Winners!

"Wendy thought she would punch Martha in the head, if she bragged about that damned seashell planter one more time tonight!"



"The Schlitz family realized early in life the bonding potential of daily 'Evening Family Beer Time'. It also helped to distract them from Father, who had most untoward desires and fantasies about the family pet parrot, Caligula.

Father frequently tried to get Caligula drunk and coax him away from his perch, but thankfully, the parrot was the smart one of the bunch."


The winner of photo caption #1 - and the Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts - is Jo Archer!

The winner of photo caption #2 - and the Twilight series of books - is Anne Huskey-Lockard!

Ladies, please send me your addresses and I'll get your prizes right out to you!

Thank so much to everybody who entered - I had such a good time reading your entries - lots of snickers and "come in here and read this!"-ing was going on around the computer!

And - an especially big thanks to Mo "Mad Dog" Stoneskin, who chose our winners!

Now, I'm off to watch my Sunday evening tv shows - "Desperate Housewives," "Treme," and "Breaking Bad." I love Sunday tv!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!
♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Tristan

19 comments:

Jan said...

Well, congratulations to the winners, well deserved. Now I am off to have a little cry (baby)

Jo Archer said...

It's me, it's me! Thanks Mo and Tristan, and well done to Anne too.

mo.stoneskin said...

The pleasure is all mine. There were some fabulous captions there.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THOSE ARE AWESOME! I particularly love the second one with Caligula the Parrot....great fun, Tristan! Do it again soon! Anita

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

OMG!!!
This is such a cool way to start what has already hinted at being a crappy week! I get the drunk parrot..right? No? I get the books!
LOL!!!
Thanks, both of you for this giveaway and probably the oddest illustration I have ever seen!
Tristr---you and Mo rock!!!

Love--A.

Maggi said...

Wowowowowow, congrats to the winners!

Kaerie Faerie said...

been gone a week, feels like forever
so glad to be home reading blogs
congrads to the winners
Karey

Deborah said...

**clapping of many hands** That, Anne, she's such a winner!

Createology said...

Congratulations winners. Those pictures and captions were such a treat to read. Caligula and the Schlitz family are beyond! Great fun.

Roxie Morrow said...

Those captions are hilarious!! What a fun contest, great giveaways too!

Roxie

studioJudith said...

Priceless images and captions ... .
who'd a thunk of naming a parrot
Caligula!??

More giggles from the
Wonderful World of Tristan -

Jjj

Theresa MacNaughton said...

So clever! Congrats to your lucky winners! :) Theresa

Rainey J. Dillon said...

ahhaa I dooooon't believe it ...missy Jo Archer Big Brain has won the 'name the pendant' over on MY blog too! :)


Rainey

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Congratulations to the lucky winners...

Unknown said...

Hi Tristan,

Congratulations to the winners. I loved those captions!!! I just got back from Vermont and I was catching up on some posts I missed. Have a wonderful evening.

Karen

ceecee said...

Hi Tristan,
I haven't seen your posts on my dashboard for your last two posts and was looking at my list of blogs I follow and you are at the very top - instead of in alphabetical order - and you are merely represented by a . Yes, just a . dot. I didn't see it at first and kept trying to follow again under enchantedrevelry.com (which is not you, anyway) .
This is probably more information than you need at this hour of the night. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone else thought they were going batty too!
Catherine

Beverly said...

Wow! These are great. Congratulations!

Tristan, I've missed you on Saturday. Are you getting your pink ready for our second birthday on May 29?

Valarie said...

Haha...that was very funny. I was out of town, and didn't see this until now. Hubby had to go to the hospital this week (damn heart attack), so I am finally home and looking at my favorite blogs. Thanks for making me laugh...I needed it.
xxoo Valarie